Guide to Tuning
Here's a general guide to tuning in your TV:
- Press the Menu or Settings on your remote.
- Select Programmes / Broadcast / Channel / Set-Up
- Select Tuning option, if you’re prompted to choose between Analogue/ATV and Digital/DTV, always pick Digital/DTV
- Select Terrestrial / Aerial / UHF if your TV is connected to a UHF Aerial.
- Select Satellite / Freeview SAT if your TV is connected to a Satellite Dish. On some Panasonic models, you need to toggle to ‘Satellite TV’ using the TV remote button before tuning.
- Start Auto Tuning or Auto Set-Up to start tuning, on some TVs you have to select Start to confirm.
- It's good to know what your old TV was tuned in to as a reference if you’re unsure.
- You can always try the other options if the first one you pick doesn’t work.
- If you're retuning, you don't need to change the Tuning option (in step 3), stick with the option already selected.
Don't know if you have a UHF Aerial or a Satellite Dish?
No worries, we created a guide to TV Antennas that should help make things easier.
Tuning Individual TV Brands
As menus and settings vary across brands and models, it’s always best to refer to your TV manual for detailed instructions on how to tune in your TV.
To make things a little easier, we have compiled a list of tuning instructions for the following popular brands:
- If you’re asked for a passcode, try the default code. This varies across devices but is typically one of the following: ‘0-0-0-0’, 1-2-3-4’, ‘8-8-8-8’ or ‘9-9-9-9’
- If you’re experiencing any issues, try these basic troubleshooting steps:
- Turn the TV off.
- Unplug the TV cables from the wall and wait a few minutes.
- Plug the cables back in.
- Turn the TV back on and try the tuning process again.
Need more help?
If you need more help with tuning your TV, it’s best to refer to your device manual (either physical copy or search for it online) or contact the manufacturer for support.
If you've tried the tuning options and your TV isn't picking up channels, you might have a problem with your aerial or satellite dish. You can find technicians in our installer directory here.
You can also head to the Freeview Forum and ask the community for more tuning help.