What if I move house?

You can take your TV, digital receiver or recorder with you. You may also choose to take the satellite dish or UHF aerial with you or have one installed at your new home.

Finding out what you need to do in your new home is similar to the process for getting Freeview.

The first thing to do is to check the coverage by entering your new address over here.

If you’re “very likely” for UHF coverage:

Make sure you have a working UHF aerial on the roof at your new place.

You can then connect that UHF aerial directly to your TV or box, tune in the channels and you’re ready to enjoy TV in your new home, without subscriptions.

If you’re  in a satellite only zone:

Make sure you have a satellite dish that can connect to a Satellite set-top box or a Hybrid or Dual Tuner TV. Once you set up and tune in the channels, you can enjoy Freeview in your new home without subscriptions.

If you're "likely" or "likely with a high aerial" to have UHF coverage:

It's best to get in touch with your installer to set up a UHF aerial, as you're at the edge of reliable reception and an installer can check to ensure your aerial is best positioned for signal reception.

Check out the setup hints here, or head to www.freeviewforum.co.nz for free technical advice.

And if you need further assistance, please contact an installer.

Was this helpful?