Manufacturers of digital TV devices: Getting Freeview Approval for your product
Freeview does not manufacture digital TV devices, but to ensure compatibility with New Zealand broadcast specifications, Freeview manages a testing and approval process for TVs, receivers or recorders sold in New Zealand.
Only approved TVs, set top boxes and recorders can carry the Freeview trademarks.
- Testing of MHEG, SI and SSU carried out DTG or DTV-Labs
- Freeview carry out field trials and retain sample for receiver farm
- Certification agreement is mutually signed with approved models listed
- Approved products are added to the Freeview website
- Freeview logos may be used on products and in marketing material
- Retailers can stock products
Freeview retains the sole right to certify products. The test houses/labs listed above only provide test reports and do not apply the certification.