Set up Freeview On Demand on 2015 LG Smart TVs
First make sure the model of your TV is one of the models listed here.
Also make sure you have correctly set up by connecting your broadband and a compatible TV antenna directly to the TV and you've tuned in all channels.
Then, make sure that HbbTV is enabled:
- On your remote press the Settings key.
- In the right hand side menu, go to “…” (Advanced Settings) using the arrow keys on your remote.
- Go to Programmes and select HbbTV.
- Change HbbTV setting to “ON”.
- Return to live viewing (press the Return key on your remote).
This will enable HbbTV which is required for Freeview On Demand.
You should see a Freeview pop up onscreen each time you change channel.
Navigating the Freeview On Demand application using your LG Magic Remote
Sometimes Magic Remotes can interfere with navigation within the Freeview On Demand application, giving you an unresponsive experience.
To fix this, simply press the UP or DOWN arrow keys on your magic remote to hide the cursor. Then use the remote arrow keys to navigate around the application.
If you want to bring the cursor back after you're done, just shake the magic remote to wake it up!
For more information, please see your LG Device Manual or contact LG Support, you'll find details here.