What do I need to do on March 21st?
Most TVs set up with Freeview will automatically update. In that case, you won’t need to do anything. Just explore and enjoy all the new content across the channel line-up!
Your TV may need you to OK the update
Some TVs may need an OK from you before updating. So look out for a prompt on your TV and select ‘OK’ or ‘Yes’ to give it the go-ahead to update to the new line-up.
You may need to reboot
If your TV or set-top box hasn't refreshed its channels yet, turn it off at the wall and wait a few moments before powering it back on again.
Retune if you’re missing channels
In case your TV doesn’t auto-update to the new line-up, or you find some channels missing, please retune your TV, set top box or recorders. You can find retune guidelines here.
Here are a few tips for specific set-top boxes and recorders
- If you have scheduled recordings or series-links, they may need to be rebooked. Learn more here.
- If you have "favourited" channels or set up a customised channel list, you'll need to update it.
- The SmartVU+ A7070 box will need to be retuned to get the new line-up, find out how here.
- Dish TV boxes are likely to require a retune, you'll find instructions for various models here.
- The A2 SUPERBOX (by Dish TV) will also require a software update to correctly display the new line-up, please see here for more information.